The VRB-25 LED has unique advantages over other stationary beacons. These include the following :
There is no lamp replacement or maintenance required, as the LED beacon will operate for over 70,000 hours. Traditional lighting such as halogen bulbs, metal-halide lamps or fluorescent tubes have lifespans under 4,000 hours.
Rotating beacons provide greater intensities with lower power consumption than stationary beacons. As the light is focussed into narrow beams instead of going in all directions at once, it is brighter. Each white LED produces over 520,000cd. When rotating at 1 RPM, the effective intensity is 209,000cd. Depending on rotation speed, the 4-tier beacon is visible up to 25NM (or 40NM at 0.85T).
The VRB-25 LED maintains the traditional beam of light sweeping through the sky, with the unique build-up and fade-out of brightness which is associated with lighthouses. This effect was lost with stationary LED beacons.
The VRB-25 LED is ideal for solar-powered applications. Solar panels and batteries can be 80% smaller than was previously required. The VRB-25’s brushless motor only consumes 1.2W of power and each LED tier uses 22.7W (6 panel).
Flash characters are produced by setting the rotation speed and selecting 6 or 8 optic panels. Group flashes can be achieved by ordering the VRB-25 with blanking panels instead of LEDs. LED panels can also be disabled if required.
Please see "Resources" Tab for Product Brochure
- Weatherproof enclosure suitable for external mounting
- Maintenance free LED
- Constant-current LED drivers
- Direct-drive brushless motor
- 1 to 15.9RPM rotation speed with 240 increments
- Day and night intensity is adjustable from 0 to 100%
- Automatic day/night detection
- Optional security code
- Programmable low-voltage cut-out
- Selectable master/back-up operation mode
- Digital inputs/output
- RS232 port.
- Made in Europe
The VRB-25 can be monitored and controlled with a VegaWeb internet subscription, and one of the following products:
- VegaWeb Cellular Transmitter Extended IO (VWEBGPRS)
- VegaWeb Cellular Transmitter - Standard IO (VWEB-M)
- VegaWeb Satellite Transmitter (VWEB-SAT)
- Vega AIS transponder (VAIS-1E/3E).