- Installs in minutes; automatic “out of box” activation
- Operates on three high-temperature-rated NiMH AA batteries; replaceable, recyclable, shelf life up to two years
- Up to 26 cd (IALA peak, white)
- Up to 3 Nautical Miles visible range at T=0.74
- Vertical divergence 8° (FWHM)
- Up to 40 user-adjustable flash patterns with ability to direct enter effective intensity. Automatic adjustment for Schmidt Clausen
- Next generation, energy-saving Automatic Light Control; five-day data trending regulates intensities for optimal performance throughout the calendar year and longer battery life
- Premium grade, UV resistant polycarbonate body and lens material
- Waterproof design; IP 68 immersion
- Ventilated battery compartment
- Best-in-class high-efficiency solar cells embedded in polyurethane to maximize energy collection at all latitudes
- Life expectancy 15 years; 3 year warranty
- Made in the USA
Please see "Resources" Tab for Product Brochure
||Best-in-class high-efficiency solar cells. 0.6 W panel
||Three high-temperature NiMH AA batteries rated for -40 to 185 ºF (-40 to 85 ºC)
||High Flux Surface Mount LED
|Maximum Peak Intensity
||29 cd (White)
||40 flash patterns
||Premium grade UV resistant, polycarbonate body and lens. Waterproof battery compartment with GORE® vent.
||Red, Green, White, Yellow and Blue. As per IALA "Optimum" Recommendation E-200-1, December 2008.
|| -22 to 122 *F (-30 to 60 *C) ambient temperature. The M550 will function up to 190 *F (88 *C) internal and surface temperatures.
|| -40 to 176 *F (-40 to 80* C) Not including batteries.
||Yes. Red, Green, White, Yellow and Blue.
||0.8 lb (0.37 kg)
||140 knots (72 m/s)
||0.03 psi (22 kg/m2)
|Automatic Light Control (ALC)
||ALC 2.0 will dynamically reduce brightness to unusually low amounts of sunlight to ensure continued operation. Optimized for improved performance throughout the calendar year.
||Programmable with optional compact infrared programmer
||IP68 immersion, 24 hrs at 1m
MIL-STD-2020G immersion & damp heat cycling/
MIL-STD-810G rain & salt fog
||USCG PATON 33CFR66 & CFR67 Class C
RoHS, WEEE, IEC 60945, FCC