The Precision LED PEL (PEL-4) is energy efficient and uses significantly less power than an incandescent PEL. Virtually maintenance free, the design combines modern optics with Vega’s extensive experience to provide very sharp sector boundaries and impressive range. It also offers true oscillating boundaries to provide the best feedback to mariners about their position within sector.
The PEL-4 is a precise aid to navigation. When sailing through hazardous waters, the PEL-4 will provide sharp visual feedback whether you are inside or outside a sector. If combined with Vega’s oscillating boundary, the exact position within the sector will be known also. The PEL-4 is equipped with LED technology and is bright enough to be used day and night. It is energy efficient and maintenance free as well. This makes it solar-power friendly and removes costly re-lamping visits.
Please see "Resources" Tab for Product Brochure
• Horizontal divergence available from 3.5° to 10°*
• Weatherproof enclosure suitable for external mounting
• Maintenance-free LED (easy to replace if needed)
• Constant-current LED drivers
• Fully programmable IALA flash characters
• Day and night intensity is adjustable from 0.3% to 100%
• Automatic day/night detection and change-over
• Optional security code
• Programmable low-voltage cut-out
• Selectable master/back-up operation mode
• Digital input/output
• RS232 port
• Optional oscillating boundary