- Compliance: The A704 meets current ICAO & FAA optical compliances and military standards, validated by third party. ICAO compliant as runway edge lights, approach lights, taxiway lighting, and threshold/end lights.
- High visibility: Up to 578 cd (white), with a wide viewing angle; important for pilots flying under Visual Flight Rules (VFR) or in poor weather.
- Theft Deterrent: Non-standard batteries secured in a locked compartments make theft difficult and unattractive.
- Infrared NVG Mode: All products include infrared mode that makes the light visible with Night Vision Goggles (NVG) for military operations.
- Easy to transport: The compact model weighs only 4.9 kg (11 lb), stands 21.4 cm (8.4 in), and has a built-in handle.
- Highly Durable Construction: Powder coated aluminum and polycarbonate chassis, with a choice of yellow or olive (military) green.
- Bright and Low Maintenance Lighting: LED lights last 100,000+ hours and never need a change.
- Long Lasting Batteries: Batteries are encased with metal and last 5-10 years in the field, withstanding operating temperatures within -40° C to 80° C.
- Secure and long-range wireless control (optional): Wireless signal encrypted in 256 bit for added security and controllable up to 4 km. Extra signal strength increases reliability in poor weather or when not in line-of-sight.
When selecting a model configuration, consider the differences of solar engine sizes and wireless option.
SOLAR ENGINE SIZES
At 8.4" (214 mm) tall, the A704 Compact is the smallest of the Carmanah 700 Series. Suitable for at least 7 days autonomy in mid to high sun locations. Comes with 60 Wh battery pack. Available in wireless and non-wireless versions.
The A704 Standard provides reliable solar airfield lighting over a wider geographical range. Comes with 96 Wh battery pack.
The A704 Large is available for use in tough solar locations. Comes with 200 Wh battery pack and includes all of the features of the compact and standard models.
High powered LEDs meet IES LM-80 lumen maintenance, ensuring consistent photometrics for life of product
ICAO, SAE25050 (FAA) and FAA EB 67 compliant chromaticity:
NVG-compatible infrared (IR) LEDs
High-efficiency solar cells with blocking diodes
Maximum power point tracking with temperature compensation (MPPT-TC) for optimal energy collection in all solar conditions
Pure-lead VRLA AGM battery, with manufacturer operating range for -85° to 176° F (-65° to 80° C)
On-board battery status
Replaceable and recyclable battery designed for 5 year life span
Optional port for battery charging and cabled operation
|Energy Management System (EMS)
||Intelligent microprocessor; on-board diagnostics and data logger
|Automatic Light Control (ALC)
||Automatically adjusts output intensities to unusually low amounts of sunlight to ensure continuous operation
Waterproof, vented battery compartment
Premium grade, UV resistant, polycarbonate head and lens
Powder coated aluminum and polycarbonate chassis with integrated handle
-22° to 122° F (-30° to 50° C) optimal
-40° to 176° F (-40° to 80° C) maximum
Compact: 11 lb (4.9 kg)
Standard: 15 lb (6.7 kg)
Large: 23 lb (10.5 kg)
||400 mph (179 m/s)
||0.03 psi (22 kg/m2)
|Shock and Vibration
MIL-STD-202G and MIL-STD-810G
||EN 60529 IP 67 immersion
MIL-STD-202G immersion & damp heat cycling
MIL-STD-810G rain & salt fog
||CE compliant (non-wireless model only)